Vinton Tractor Supply celebrates Grand Opening
By Debbie Adams
Lake Drive Plaza is bustling with business again with the opening of the new Vinton Tractor Supply. The company held their soft opening on September 25 and then cut the ribbon in a Grand Opening with the Vinton Area Chamber of Commerce and town officials on September 30. Tractor Supply is located in the space formerly occupied by Big Lots, which moved to a larger renovated space just down Bypass Road at River Park Shopping Center.
Vinton Mayor Brad Grose welcomed the new business and commented that “I have never received so many phone calls inquiring about a store opening as I have with Tractor Supply, with people wanting to know when you were coming. Congratulations on your beautiful store.”
Initially, in announcing plans for the new store, Tractor Supply projected an early fall opening and stuck to the schedule, even with nationwide delays in construction.
Business has been booming ever since they opened their doors.
Store Manager Theresa Molella says that the Tractor Supply at Lake Drive has 22 full-time and part-time employees. Ian Butler is the District Manager. There are two other Tractor Supply stores in the immediate area—one in Salem and another off of Plantation Road. Two more are located in Bedford and Rocky Mount.
Tractor Supply serves the needs of homeowners, livestock and pet owners, gardeners, hobby farmers, ranchers, tradesmen and others.
Customers can shop from a wide range of products including clothing (for all ages), workwear and boots, equine and pet supplies, zero turns and riding mowers, pet food, lawn and garden supplies, power tools, fencing, tractor and trailer parts and accessories, welding, pump supplies, sprinkler and irrigation parts, hardware, propane, and other essential needs for the rural lifestyle. The retailer is committed to providing essential, everyday products that customers need. There are items for sale on display on the front sidewalk area and in a fenced area to the side of the building as well.
The store carries top brands, such as Purina, Carhartt, Blue Buffalo and Hobart, as well as products exclusive to Tractor Supply.
Customers may shop in-person, online, “Buy Online, Pickup In Store” or pick-up curbside—in as little as an hour. There are reserved parking spots for veterans and members of the military.
“At Tractor Supply, we understand the value of providing essential needs like pet food, animal feed and home supplies to our customers in the Vinton community,” said Theresa Molella, manager of the Vinton Tractor Supply store. “Our team members live the same lifestyle as our customers, and we’re excited to supply them with the tools, information and resources they need to live life on their own terms.”
As an essential, needs-based retailer, Tractor Supply is committed to taking care of team members, customers and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the company has taken a number of key actions to protect and support customers nationwide:
- Increasing inventory supply for essential products such as livestock feed, equine feed, pet food and other critical consumable items.
- Adding Team Member hours in stores and hiring an additional 5,000 people to continue providing legendary customer service and promote safety in stores.
- Adding a dedicated greeter at every store location to drive awareness of social distancing, monitor the number of customers in store, and provide additional cleaning of key items like carts and registers.
- Investing in technology through Mobile Point of Sale, Same Day/Next Day delivery capabilities and contactless payment options across the entire chain to enhance the safety of customers’ shopping experience and provide greater convenience.
- Conducting additional daily cleanings in stores to maintain a safe shopping environment
- Endorsing the CDC’s social distancing guidelines to limit exposure to other individuals by marking floors and adding signage to help customers and team members maintain safe distances.
- Offering Contactless Curbside Delivery for Buy Online, Pickup In Store orders with a minimum of two parking spots allocated for these services. Customers can call the store phone number once they arrive at the store, and a team member will bring the order to their vehicle.
- Dedicating an exclusive shopping hour for high-risk customers and seniors 60 and older every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Regular store hours are Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
In addition to supplying dependable products for farm, ranch and rural customers, the Vinton Tractor Supply Company values community engagement and is delighted to have the opportunity to support local animal shelters, area 4-H clubs and FFA chapters, and more.
Customers can also sign up for Tractor Supply’s Neighbor’s Club loyalty program, which will make them eligible to receive member-only offers, birthday offers, personal purchase summaries and receipt-free returns.
Tractor Supply Company, the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, has served its customers for more than 80 years. The first Tractor Supply store opened in 1938 in Minot, North Dakota.
As of June 26, 2021, the Company operated 1,955 Tractor Supply stores in 49 states with 45,000 employees, and an e-commerce website at www.TractorSupply.com.