The Vinton Area Chamber of Commerce sponsors the annual Fall Festival on Saturday, October 14, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in downtown Vinton.
According to Chamber Executive Director Angie Chewning, “The Vinton Fall Festival is a tradition in Vinton– streets lined with over 100 craft and food vendors, entertainment on two stages, children’s activities, and much, much more. With attendance reaching 10,000 it’s a don’t-want-to-miss event.”
Activities get under way at 7 a.m. with the traditional Pancake Breakfast fundraiser sponsored by the Vinton Breakfast Lions Club. They will be serving pancakes and syrup, sausage, and beverages until 11 a.m. at the VFW Hall on Lee Avenue.
The Chamber has added a Cruise-In Car Show on Maple Street, which has no entry fee.
There are craft vendors, face painting, a petting zoo, and children’s activities in the parking lot at Vinton Baptist Church.
The Vinton Police Department will be bringing the Mobile Community Services Unit to Fall Festival. There will be traffic safety demonstrations, including the Drunk Driving Simulator. Officers will be distributing “Project Child Safe” gunlocks and bicycle helmets (until they run out). The Police Department activities will also be located in the Vinton Baptist parking lot.
There is a wide variety of food and concessions vendors, including Mountain Grille, Brick Oven, Snow Palace and many more.
The Vinton History Museum hosts an open house from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Vinton Farmers’ Market Stage on Lee Avenue will showcase:
• The Perry Crawford Band from 10-11 a.m.
• The Floyd Ward Dance Ensemble from 11 a.m. until noon
• The always popular Doggie Costume Contest from 12:15-12:45 p.m.
• Performer Jon Weems, “One Note at a Time” from 1-1:30 p.m.
• The Thrasher Sanctuary Choir from 1:30-2 p.m.
• Exalted Band from 2:30-4 p.m.
The Vinton Municipal Building Stage across Pollard Street from the Vinton Public Library will feature:
• The Virginia Bluebells Baton group from 10:45 until 11:30
• The Shaolin Martial Arts Academy from 11:30 until noon
• A performance by the Fame Cheerleaders from 12 p.m. until 12:30
• Derailed Band from 12:30 until 1:30
• Will I Am and Will I Is, Originals and Covers from 1:30 until 2 p.m.
• Vocal Students of Susan Lewis from 2 until 3 p.m.
• Gospel Soloist Joe Overfelt from 3 to 4 p.m.
The Vinton Fall Festival will conclude with a Mingle at the Market concert, featuring Hott Sauce at the Market Stage from 7 to 10 p.m.
The Vinton Fall Festival Platinum sponsor is the Town of Vinton. Gold sponsors include Roanoke County, Freedom First, and BB&T. Silver Sponsors are HomeTrust Bank, the Vinton Moose Lodge, Magnets USA, Grand Rental Storage, GCR Tires and Service, Cox Business, BNC Bank, Berkshire Health Care, Cardinal IG, Vertex, Lotz, PFG, and Twin Creeks Brewing Company. Bronze sponsors are The Vinton Messenger, Member One, AEP, and Winter Storage.
More information is available online at www.vintonchamber.com or by calling 343-1364.