Relay for Life of Virginia’s Blue Ridge is scheduled for this Friday, May 18, at Rivers Edge North on Reserve Avenue North in the City of Roanoke from 6 p.m. until midnight.
Vinton is partnering with Roanoke and Botetourt this year for the annual American Cancer Society fundraising event.
The theme for 2018 is “Hoping for a Holiday”— a holiday from cancer.
Aprille Kelly, Community Development Manager for the American Cancer Society Southeast Region, has announced the schedule for the May 18 Relay.
- 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.—Camp Site Set-up
- 6:00 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 6:30 p.m. Silent Auction opens
- 6:30-7:00 p.m. Trick or Treating for Survivors
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Team Games at Stage
- 7:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Easter Egg Hunt—Children’s area
- 8:00 p.m. Ferguson Fitness Spartan Kids Challenge—Children’s area
- 8:30 p.m. Silent Auction closes (item pickup begins at 8:45)
- 8:30-9:30 p.m. Team Selfie Scavenger Hunt
- 9:45-10:15 p.m. Luminaria Ceremony
- 10:30 -11:30 p.m. Relay’s Got Talent
- 11:45 p.m. Closing Ceremonies
- 12 a.m.-1 a.m. Clean-up
Several Relay teams will be hosting food and raffle fundraisers onsite.
“We are so excited about this ‘new’ event and all the communities coming together to help continue in the fight against cancer,” said Kelly.
Relay for Life events help the American Cancer Society fund life-saving cancer research, patient support services, prevention and education information, and detection and treatment programs.